Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kingdom Vision





Proverbs 27:17- "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."




In the past 6 months God has been teaching me the importance of friendships. Over the summer months I was not in touch with many of my closest college friends. Through the fall months with the help of good ol' denny's in Auburn I've been able to start enjoying some of these friendships again. Like Jessie.




Jessie to me sums up kingdom vision. And that is one (not the only one) reason I'm so glad we're friends.




This was true while we were at NBBI together, as RA's and worked together to start a good news club. And its true now while she works in eastern Maine with CEF. She through the Spirit's work in her life has a vision not only for a kid here or a kid there but sees widely. She sees the impact a gospel teaching club can have on a few kids...their families...their town...the churches in that town.




And she sees what an impact it could have on generations to come.




Kingdom vision.




Look at the fields, they are white or ready for harvesting. GO. Just do something. Because if you do it for Jesus it will have big returns. Little is much when God is in it.




She sharpens me. She is a tool in God's hand as He works on my life. And its just by being my friend. I am super thankful for Jessie.






Yesterday was a happy friendship day for me. I had lunch with Jessie and then afterwards hung out with Renee. Both are people God has Seriously blessed me with. And there are others too.




We don't meet anyone by accident.




And as we're blessed we turn around and can be a blessing back. Its like taking turns. We have times of neediness and times when we meet the needs. Proverbs 18:24 "A man who has friends must himself be friendly..."




Be filled, turn around, and pour it out. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.








No comments:

Post a Comment